Saturday, February 18, 2017

                                      DISSIDENT;   defined as one who stands apart
                              Janet Irene Horner Browning: An Enemy of the People


       Janet would never think she was anything like An Enemy of the People. But she is. You see on February 11, 1988, she was in Texas, a date I was across the country in Boston MA dodging a green light [Re December 12, 2016 roaddogking.blogspot.com] - thinking the accident of a cop colliding with a train was an occasion to impress the girls interstate by way of tagging the demised just prior to press release.

      Meanwhile in Denison TX, Janet was pretty much DOA, her flimsy sports car colliding with a Buick. The other driver was unhurt, but Janet would be bounced around Texas and Oklahoma for the next three and a half years when I met her.

       I was coming off a crack cocaine binge in Houston when I met her in Galveston TX. I was already about half dead even before the crack cocaine binge. But alive again with her, and as we would come to her home town, 25 years ago, I realized something about how cheap life is. Because of Janet, I realized if others could value a life like I learned to find value, I would already be dead.   -- Diogenes Ltd.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment